The IAFT Alumni network spans the globe. Our graduates’ work has been seen in film festivals and on-air throughout the world.
Certificate Program in Filmmaking, 2012
IAFT thesis film HIGH STAKES is officially selected in the Red Shorts Film Festival
His feature film script, GAME TIME was produced and distributed by Lionsgate DVD.
His script THE SWAP won 1st place in the Investor’s Screenplay Contest, led to an option agreement with Bait Man Films
Written and directed short film ONE NIGHT STAND – won the audience award in the South Florida Indy Film Festival.
Working on numerous comic book projects including VIRTUES & VICES (with Katy McVee) and PARALLEL P.D. (with Brian Gilman)
Diploma Program in Filmmaking, 2011
Won both best Thesis & best Technical award of his batch
Since graduating has been approached by a wide variety of sponsors in regards to Filmmaking.
Completed shoots for many recognized companies such as, Max Factor Cosmetics to the popular SM Department store of the Philippines.
CIRQUE INVISIBLE (Short Film)
- Nominated for Best Student Film (Long Island Film Expo)
Ian Allen Lim
Diploma Program in Filmmaking, 2006
THE LOVE PARADOX (2012) (Short Film) - Director, Writer, Editor
- Official Selection in the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival 2012
- Official Selection BORIMIX Film Fest, New York 2012
- Winner 3rd place Int'l Shortfilm Category ReelHeArt International Film Fest, Toronto 2013
- Winner 'Best Director' Cinefiesta International Film Festival, Puerto Rico 2013
- Winner 'National Jury Award' Cinefiesta International Film Festival. Puerto Rico 2013
- Winner 'Best Cinematography' Puerto Rico International Film Festival 2013
- Official Selection in Macabro International Film Festival, Mexico 2013 (Still in Competition)
A BLANK CANVAS (2013) (Short Film) - Director, Writer, Editor
- Invited to be part of Festival Cine Europa 2013
- Winner 'Best Cinematography' Festival Cine Europa, Puerto Rico 2013
ASIAN CONEXION (Currently in Financing & development stage) (Feature Film) - Director & Writer
- Winner 2nd Best Overall Pitch in Florida Media Market 2013.
- Invited to FILM-COM in Nashville 2013.
- Commercials: L'oreal Mother's day https://vimeo.com/66026546
- Alicia eXtreme Dance Academy (Underwater Ballet) https://vimeo.com/71519123
Diploma Program in Filmmaking, 2009
- Kathmandu, A Mirror in the Sky – Spanish Feature film – Camera Trainee -2011.
- Yak Blood Drinking Festival – Documentary – Director – 2011.
- Worked in Prague, Czech Republic on Commercials with Stillking Films and Zoom Films in 2012.
- Selected as Cinematographer for Kyoto Filmmakers Lab in Kyoto Japan November- December 2011.
- Selected for Exploring the Image of the Other in Istanbul,Turkey by Valand Academy, University of Gothenburg April 2013.
- Currently working in Bhutan as a Cinematographer, Photographer and Editor for a Production Company.